As you know Windows 10 has been released and Windows 8 and Windows 7 users can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. PhoneTray Pro is fully compatible with Windows 10 and works without any problems on Windows 10. All USB modems that we sell and recommend are also compatible. Windows 10 has built-in drivers for all those modems. It will detect the modem and install the drivers automatically.
On some computers Windows 10 update renames PhoneTray data files. If you don’t see your contacts, calls or blocked numbers after the update, please do the following: open PhoneTray Pro, click PhoneTray logo and select Shutdown PhoneTray. Click Yes if Windows asks if you want to allow PhoneTray Service to make changes. Open C:\Users\Public\Documents\PhoneTray folder. Rename Phonetray.data located in that folder to PhonetrayNew.data. Then rename Phonetray(1).data to Phonetray.data. Double-click on PhoneTray icon on your desktop to start PhoneTray again. You should see all your data again and PhoneTray should start working. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems and we will be happy to help.
New version PhoneTray Pro 2.4 has been released. To update your version of PhoneTray Pro click Help -> Check for Updates button on the Ribbon Menu. Please click here for more detailed update instructions.
New features in PhoneTray Pro 2.4:
- New version uses default system fonts, making all text more legible.
- Added 9 new skins: Office 2010 Black, Office 2010 Blue, Office 2010 Silver, Office 2007 Black, Office 2007 Blue, Office 2007 Green, Office 2007 Pink, Office 2007 Silver and VS2010. To change the skin in PhoneTray, click the Skins button in the upper left corner next to PhoneTray logo.
- Now you can re-arrange the columns on the Calls and Contacts screen by dragging the column headers.
- Added an option to disable checking for software updates.
- Transparent background for full screen alerts now works properly.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
Please note that the new version of PhoneTray requires .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Windows 7/8 comes with .NET 3.5 already installed. If you do not have .NET 3.5 on your computer please download and install it from www.phonetray.com/netinstall before updating PhoneTray to version 2.4.
New version of PhoneTray Pro 2.3 has been released. To update your version of PhoneTray Pro click Help -> Check for Updates button on the Ribbon Menu. Please click here for more detailed update instructions.
Here is what’s new in PhoneTray Pro 2.3:
- Now PhoneTray can import contacts from CSV files created by Outlook, Google Gmail and other programs. To import contacts, click PhoneTray logo in the top-left corner and select Import Contacts:
- Added an option to dial area code for local calls (10-digit dialing). You can change this option on the Settings -> Lines screen, Dialing Settings tab:
- Added Ctrl-Alt-D hotkey that quickly opens PhoneTray dialer. To dial a phone number from another application, copy phone number to the clipboard then press Ctrl-Alt-D to open PhoneTray dialer and dial the number.
- Now you can Ctrl-click the Zap button on a tray alert to zap a call and add the caller’s number to your black list in order to block future calls from that caller. As before, regular click zaps a call without adding the caller’s number to your black list.
- New version will remember sort order and columns’ width on the Calls, Contacts, Black List and White List screens.
- New feature: full screen alerts will stay on the screen until clicked if timeout is set to 99 seconds.
- Added 3 new skins: Seven, Seven Classic and Pumpkin. To change the skin in PhoneTray, click the Skins button in the upper left corner next to PhoneTray logo.
Make sure to select the Pumkin skin on Halloween. Trick or treat! 🙂
We released PhoneTray Pro 2.0. This version adds built-in dialer and now you can call your contacts or any phone number using PhoneTray with just one click! To update your version of PhoneTray Pro click Help -> Check for Updates button on the Ribbon Menu. Please click here for more detailed update instructions.
Click the Dial button to place a call to your contact or any number on the Calls list:
Outgoing calls are logged and displayed with an arrow on the Calls list:
PhoneTray will dial the number and notify you when it’s time to pick up your phone and talk to the person you are calling.
You can quickly search and place a call to any of your contacts using Find Contact box on the Dial form:
New “Summer” Skin
Check out the new skin we added in version 2.0. To change the skin in PhoneTray, click the Skins button in the upper left corner next to PhoneTray logo.
Enjoy your summer! 🙂